Thu, 2007-01-11 16:36 — jongenae
- Circuits and Systems uses its expertise to apply system level techniques in order to design analog integrated circuits with a performance that surpasses inherent technological limitations. The research activities mainly focus on analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters for telecommunication and sensor interface applications.
- Displays and Electro-optic components focuses its research mainly on luminescent films and projection displays.
- Liquid Crystals and Photonics investigates the electro-optical behaviour of displays and photonic components based on nematic, ferro and antiferro-electric liquid crystals. There is expertise in measuring and modeling the effects of interfaces, electric fields and light on crystals, with special interest in ionic transport, solitary waves and spatial light modulators. In addition there is related research on electrophoretic ink and optical microcavity effects.
- Medisip is performing research in the field of digital image and signal processing, mainly focused on biomedical applications. Some of the research topics covered by Medisip are image reconstruction from projections in nuclear medicine imaging (SPECT, PET), modelling and simulation of SPECT and PET scanners, MR image formation and image reconstruction, image analysis and quantification and biomedical signal processing. The activities of Medisip span from basic/fundamental to applied research, and have several industrial applications.
- Multimedia Lab researches the development of new tools for setting up and managing mobile multimedia applications; semantic indexing and archiving of digital multimedia objects; advanced video coding; development of e-learning tools; interactive Digital TV. Moreover, Multimedia Lab is very active within MPEG standardization, via the submission of technical contributions; by chairing several ad-hoc groups; and through the editorship of several specifications. Multimedia Lab is also a member of iMinds, a virtual institute that was founded recently by the Flemish government.
- CSL (former PARIS) consists of over 50 members active in design of digital systems, reconfigurable hardware, early design stage techniques, embedded systems, computer architecture, program execution modelling, compilers, whole program transformation, debugging, software instrumentation, Java implementation technology, parallel and distributed systems. It is a centre of excellence in the design of embedded systems.
- Digital Speech and Signal Processing has it mains activities in speech and music signal processing. In the area of speech processing the focus is on the development of acoustical and lexical models for speech recognition, and on the automatic indexing of audio streams containing speech, music and other non-speech fragments. In the area of music processing, the focus is on the perception based analysis of musical signals and on the development of similarity measures and statistical models that can be used for the automatic extraction of musical content like genre, rythm, etc...
- CMST is involved in the design, technology and testing of microsystems. Examples are: liquid crystal on silicon microdisplays and projection systems, system in package technology, flexible bio-electronics, and mixed-mode ASICs. The group is affiliated with IMEC vzw.