Stimulation Action for VERY FIRST USERS in MEMS design
For European universities that have not prototyped a MEMS design through EUROPRACTICE since 2005, EUROPRACTICE offers 5 such first users a FREE prototype fabrication (excluding packaging) of a minimum blocksize design on an MPW run in any of the MUMPs technologies from MEMSCAP (PolyMUMPs, SOIMUMPs or PiezoMUMPs), representing a value of 4000 EURO.
Stimulation Action for VERY FIRST USERS in Silicon Photonics
For European universities that have not prototyped a Silicon Photonics design through EUROPRACTICE since 2005, EUROPRACTICE offers 6 such first users a prototype fabrication with a reduction of 5000 EURO of any blocksize design on any run in either the ePIXfab technologies from imec and LETI or the PIC technologies from IHP (either SG25_PIC or SG25H_EPIC).
- Current EUROPRACTICE university member
- Multiple applications can be submitted, but a maximum of 1 design per university can be approved
- The design has to be taped out on a run before 30 April 2018
How to apply
- A proposal must be submitted on the attached template via email to Romano.Hoofman@imec.be (the template is also available at http://www.europractice.stfc.ac.uk/software/news.html#ec_apr17)
- Deadline for proposal submissions is 31 May 2017
- Proposals will be evaluated by an Independent Committee and the selected first users will be informed before 15 July 2017
- How you intend to evolve your teaching to address the challenges in MEMS or photonics designs
- How this will lead to further research and fabrication by your institute
- Clarity of application and credibility of case
- Proposed MEMS/photonics design and proposed design methodology to be used
We would be grateful if you would bring this announcement to the attention of your colleagues within your EUROPRACTICE member institute.
Universities from the following countries can participate
28 EU countries and Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, Liechtenstein, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey, Serbia and Ukraine.
Dr John A McLean
Head, Microelectronics Support Centre and Manager Europractice Design Tool Service
Science and Technology Facilities Council
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Didcot, OX11 0QX
Tel +44 (0) 1235 44 5276
www (STFC) www.stfc.ac.uk
www (Europractice Design Tools) www.europractice.stfc.ac.uk